Today, a package arrived at the front door. In it was the Exo-force Mobile Defense Tank set that I had ordered. Everything was fine and dandy with it! I just finished it and cant wait to let the NXT use the treads (the main thing I bought it for). Expect robots with treads in later posts. I have many ideas of different ways to mount the treads.
Now that I have both the treads in the Exo-force Mobile Defense Tank and the Technic Snowmobile, (dont you just love those hyperlinks? ;-) I can compare and give the pros and the cons of both.
Snowmobile's,
pros: expandable, cogs have better hold onto the treads, technic pin holes to add things to it.
cons: very low friction, hard to get a hold of/ pricey.
Defense Tank:
pros: very good friction, wheel hubs can be used as cogs.
cons: One size has to fit all, cogs have more of a chance to slip.
These are only the things I can think of, so post what you can think of.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment